Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The ideacity team is always on the lookout for new, innovative and interesting speakers. If you have a gem of an idea up your sleeve, please email a written speaker suggestion to info@ideaCityonline.com. Please be sure to include the following in your one-page proposal:
- Name, contact information and a short bio of your suggested speaker
- A brief outline of their work or ideas
- Why you think they would make a good ideaCity speaker
Please note: While we thank you for your suggestion, due to the high volume of speaker recommendations we receive, we’re unable to respond to every submission.
A continental breakfast is provided for all attendees each morning beginning at 7:30am at Koerner Hall. Please note that this is not a sit down meal, so be sure to arrive early and chat about the previous days speakers over a hot cup of coffee!
Lunch is not provided, however Bloor St and the surrounding neighbourhood plays host to some of the best restaurants Toronto has to offer. Don’t feel like leaving campus? That’s okay too! Our fantastic caterers will be offering ideacity lunch boxes for purchase on-site.
Idealists are also treated to tasty catered morsels for nibbling during the two extended conversation breaks each afternoon.
For the complete schedule of ideacity pricing, please visit our Ticket information page.
ideacity begins each morning at 9:00am, sharp! Registration and a continental breakfast begin at 7:30am.
The conference registration desk is open throughout the event, so you are able to sign in at any time. However, to get the most out of your ideaCity experience, we highly recommend that you enjoy each day fully!
ideacity attendees are…
- A knowledgeable, engaged and dynamic group who understand the value of investing in the spread of new ideas.
- 75% owners/founders of their own businesses, senior managers or executives within an organization.
- 55% male; 45% female.
- 50% are ‘Regulars’: many registrants (‘Idealists’) return to the conference every year.
- Come from a variety of professional backgrounds such as: Design/Architecture, Finance/Investment/Banking, Medicine/Technology/Science, Arts (Music, Literature, Publishing, Film, TV), Academia, and the Public and Not-for-Profit sectors.
- Are idealists.
- Push boundaries in their respective fields by re-thinking the status quo
- Are varied in their origins, professions and personal makeup: adventurers, architects, astronomers, entrepreneurs, authors, scientists, technologists, musicians, magicians, politicians, historians, designers, inventors, film makers, agitators.
- Speak from the heart on current thoughts, longtime preoccupations or work in progress; ideas that motivate, inspire or disturb.
- Commonly return to ideacity in following years simply to be in the audience.
- Share a common trait: they thrive on breaking the status quo.
- Are idealists.
If you are unable to make pre-registration, don’t panic. You do not need to send someone else in your place to pick up materials. In fact, we won’t give your materials to anyone other than you. If you have a full pass and you can’t make pre-registration, simply come by the registration desk at any time during the conference and we’ll give you your pass.