50 Presenters, 3 Legendary Parties, a Ton of Inspiration
ideacity, also known as ‘Canada’s Premier Meeting of the Minds’, is an eclectic gathering of artists, adventurers, authors, cosmologists, doctors, designers, entertainers, filmmakers, inventors, magicians, musicians, scientists and technologists.
Fifty of the planet’s brightest minds converge in Toronto each June to speak to a highly engaged audience. Only 600 are privileged to attend.
Produced and presented by Moses Znaimer, ideacity is not themed around any one topic, issue or business. There are no scripted speeches, breakout or parallel sessions. Rather, everyone is in one place and experiencing the same narrative.
With extra-long schmooze breaks between sessions, and legendary parties each night, attendees have had an unprecedented opportunity to mingle with such notable speakers as Conrad Black, Barbara Gowdy, Michael Ignatieff, Douglas Coupland, Pamela Wallin, Pete Seeger, Robert Kennedy Jr., John Ralston Saul, Daniel Libeskind, Clayton Ruby, Romeo Dallaire and the late Peter Jennings.
ideacity Attendees are…
- A knowledgeable, engaged and dynamic group who understand the value of investing in the spread of new ideas.
- 75% owners/founders of their own businesses, senior managers or executives within an organization.
- 55% male; 45% female.
- 50% are ‘Regulars’: many registrants (‘idealists’) return to the conference every year.
- Come from a variety of professional backgrounds such as: Design/Architecture, Finance/Investment/Banking, Medicine/Technology/Science, Arts/Music/Literature/ Publishing/Film/TV, Academia, and the Public and Not-for-Profit sectors.
- Are idealists.
- Propel boundaries in their perspective field through the innovation of ideas.
- Are varied in their origins, professions and personal makeup: adventurers, architects, astronomers, entrepreneurs, authors, scientists, technologists, musicians, magicians, politicians, historians, designers, inventors, film makers, agitators.
- Speak from the heart on current thoughts, longtime preoccupations or work in progress; ideas that motivate, inspire or disturb.
- Commonly return in following years simply to be in the audience.
- Share a common trait: they thrive on breaking the status quo.
- Are idealists.